Replica of a Pericú dwelling,
part of a cultural exhibit maintained for estuary visitors.
The house is made of palm fronds and reed mats
on a framework of lashed sticks.
The Pericú repelled all attempts by Spanish soldiers
and padres to settle the area, until 1730,
when the first San José mission was established.
LAST | INDEX | NEXT
to A Walk in the Estuary
to Los Cabos Photo Tours